COVID-19 and the Secure Healthcare DifferenceMonday, May 18, 2020
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the team at Secure Healthcare Information Management is committed to helping your practice navigate the new healthcare landscape. We want you to know that you can still depend on us for expert advice during these turbulent times. As part of our dedication to your success, we would like to update you on the state of telemedicine during COVID-19 and our company's actions.
How Does Telemedicine Work During the Pandemic?
With the new importance of social distancing, the American College of Physicians strongly recommends delivering services via telehealth when possible. Over telemedicine, doctors can provide essential care to patients without increasing either party's risk of spreading COVID-19. This technology enables physicians to protect their staff while seeing to their patients' needs. If you need assistance with implementing telehealth technology, we encourage you to contact us.
Changes in CMS Telemedicine Requirements
Under the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act and other COVID-19 legislation, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) expanded telemedicine access. Due to the rapid changes in the current healthcare landscape, we recommend consulting your Secure representative for information relevant to your practice and state. As of April 2020, the CMS made the following changes to telehealth regulations:
- New patients may receive CMS-defined Medicare telehealth visits and evaluation and management services without having an established relationship with their doctor.
- Telemedicine visits now have no geographic restrictions, such as those related to Rural Health Clinics (RHCs).
- Practices may waive cost-sharing for telemedicine services under Medicare.
- More services now qualify for telehealth under Medicare regulations.
How We Are Adapting to Recent Developments to Meet Your Needs
At Secure, we will keep providing the support you need for your practice to offer high-quality care. Our strategies for helping you operate during the COVID-19 pandemic include:
- Keeping up with industry developments. Due to rapid changes in healthcare demand, industry standards are also changing quickly. Laws such as the CARES Act influence service scopes and expectations for your practice. Our experts now have an increased focus on tracking developments in healthcare so we can provide accurate billing, consulting and human resource support services.
- Continuing our work remotely. Most of our team members now have the ability to work from home to help flatten the curve. We still have the same capabilities as before, thanks to telecommuting technology and the remote nature of many of our services.
- Going above and beyond to help you during this crisis. With the healthcare industry going through added strain during the pandemic, we strive to serve as your unwavering support. We can help you adapt to the current state of healthcare with our billing and consulting services. For example, we are now helping many of our clients streamline their telemedicine billing.
Reach Out to Us for More Information
We support all healthcare workers during the COVID-19 pandemic. If you have any questions or need advice, we welcome you to contact our team today. Back